Sunday, April 6, 2008

Better Than Ever


The Tarheels get destroyed, the Yankees are 3-3 and I've been fighting a nasty cold the past few days. So what, I still get a smile every time from Sophie and I swear she can understand me when I vent about the Heels and how they broke my heart. She is quick to give me an enthusiastic response on just about anything. Sometimes it's directed at her duck or even Maddie, who she has become instant friends with. Maddie just gives a sniff and a lick and Sophie smiles and coos. I'm sure it won't be long and they will be chasing each other around the neighborhood.


The spring signifies the time when almost all things are reborn and starting over again. This is never as true as when it is shared with a child. It seems that every day is filled with a new action or sound. The beauty is how children only see that which is right in front of them. Looking no further than the present. Not worried about what's going on tomorrow or tasks to accomplish down the road somewhere. They're just living in the joy that represents the now.


This philosophy is now my new goal. Work is for work time and everything else is meant to be enjoyed with family and friends. So, if I see you outside of work, I promise not to ask you about it as long as you will reciprocate. Let's make those moments about friendship and family. Let's make those moments about laughter, surprise and enriching the soul. Most importantly, let's give those around us the best of each of us, everytime. Alli and Sophie, this is my promise. And Maddie, too.

No comments: