Monday, March 10, 2008

A Wink and a Smile


Not surprisingly, this little girl is showing a mischievous side already. For those who know her mother, this seems natural. However, this leads daddy to wonder exactly what she's up to.
For those just catching up, we would like to introduce Sophia Grace. Our beautiful baby girl was born December 12, 2007 and has filled our lives with nothing but joy and happiness since.
Allison and I created this blog for a couple of reasons. The first, obviously, is to keep family and friends up-to-date with all things Sophie. We also wanted an outlet to share our own insights, vent when the time arises and create a working journal to communicate our thoughts, hopes and dreams with Sophie. Our topics may be varied and we encourage everyone to participate in this process with their advice and musings.
I'll lead off with a comment about the most common statement made by people when they find out that you are having a child for the first time. I know you've heard, "Your life is going to completely change.". Seems simple and harmless enough, but I've noticed that people usually say it like they're trying to warn you, not encourage you. The sentiment is understood loud and clear. I certainly felt this way for awhile, but recently I gained a new perspective.
These are the changes I've seen: a wonderful wife add loving mother to her resume, parents hearts melt as they fall in love all over again as grandparents, grandparents cherishing the expansion of the families they've helped build, and a husband admit that he has a new love in his life that has stolen his heart.
I hope this finds you all well and looking forward to the journey we are on.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

The circle of life is a blessing from God. We are flooded with memories of you at this age and feel so blessed to see both of you experience this beautiful child. The love of a grandparent is somewhat different than a parent. We have time to give and not always a lot of time to give it. We are there for you and Sophia with much love.

Jenn said...

I am so glad you guys are doing this!! Caitlin and Sophie will have many more adventures together!!